Java 2, Micro Edition (J2ME) Wireless Toolkit 2.2 Release
J2ME Wireless Toolkit released!
Many things improve in this version, awesome features! Download it now! These are some information about it.
The J2ME Wireless Toolkit is a set of tools for creating Java applications that run on devices compliant with the Java Technology for the Wireless Industry (JTWI, JSR 185) specification. It consists of build tools, utilities, and a device emulator.
The J2ME Wireless Toolkit implements impressive capabilities which are exposed through standard APIs. The APIs are defined through the Java Community Process (JCP):
– Connected Limited Device Configuration (CLDC) 1.1 (JSR 139)
– Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP) 2.0 (JSR 118)
– Java Technology for the Wireless Industry (JTWI) 1.0 (JSR 185)
– Wireless Messaging API (WMA) 2.0 (JSR 205)
– Mobile Media API (MMAPI) 1.1 (JSR 135)
– PDA Optional Packages for the J2ME Platform (JSR 75)
– Java APIs for Bluetooth (JSR 82)
– J2ME Web Services Specification (JSR 172)
– Mobile 3D Graphics API for J2ME (JSR 184)
In addition to quality improvements and new APIs, here are some of the exciting new development features in J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.2. You can get more detailed information about the new toolkit by referring to the accompanying User’s Guide and Release Notes.
– Support for many new APIs (see above)
– Support for Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) in the WMA console
– Simulated Bluetooth environment for JSR 82 support
– New large-screen (QVGA) DefaultColorPhone emulator skin
– Network monitor support for MMS and Bluetooth
– You can also develop applications for CLDC 1.0 and MIDP 1.0 with this release.
The J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.2 includes all of the advanced development features found in Wireless Toolkit 2.1, such as MIDlet signing, certificate management, integrated over-the-air (OTA) emulation, push registry emulation, and more.
System Requirements – Software
Microsoft Windows XP or (unsupported) Linux-x86
JavaTM 2 SDK, Standard Edition (J2SE SDK), version 1.4.2 – if you plan to do actual development, or JavaTM 2, Standard Edition Runtime Environment (JRE), version 1.4.2 –
if you only plan to run the demonstration applications.
To download the SDK or JRE you want, go to http://java.sun.com/j2se/downloads.html
System Requirements – Hardware
Minimum hardware requirements are:
50 MB hard disk space
128 MB system RAM
800 MHz Pentium III CPU
You can download here, http://java.sun.com/products/j2mewtoolkit/download-2_2.html